Bolton Council have particular duties towards some groups of children and young people who require home to school transport arrangements. The entitlements differ depending on the age of the child or young person.

IPSEA have some fantastic legally informed information about your Childs potential transport entitlement here. It is broken down into age group and circumstance. 

Bolton Council have their own transport policy outlined here. This link also includes all the forms you'll need to apply. For any help with this, you can get in touch with us via the website contact us section. 

It is important to note, that transport is not always in the form of a taxi or a bus. What you may be entitled to will be dependent on your child and their needs. 

Transport isn't usually written into EHC Plans, however, if your child has an EHC Plan, you should contact your Childs SEND officer for any applications or concerns about transport arrangements. 

If your child is in early years or doesn't have an EHC plan, you should contact Bolton Council's pupil and student services. 

Some children who attend independent special schools may have transport provided as part of the school offer. In these cases, you should contact your Childs school.